Wednesday, March 7, 2007

Captain America...DEAD?!

Say it ain't so!!! Today while watching the news, I heard that Marvel's Captain America was killed today in the latest of the Marvel 'Civil War' saga. Cap was one of my favorite Marvel comic heroes and one of the first heroes most boys learn about, along with Superman, Batman, Spider-man, and the Hulk. I still have many comics of Cap and the Falcon and a Mego 8" action figure still mint on the card. I'll have to throw together a quick display of Cap items from my collection and post later tonight.

Anyway, back to this 'Civil War' saga. I read one of these comics at the local supermarket a couple weeks ago and it was very engrossing. I really wish I had started on this saga. Maybe I'll go out and try to buy them this weekend at the local comic shop. Of course, I'll be shelling out a pretty penny. Well, at least this is the comic universe, so, there is always hope that Cap will make a comeback. I mean, it isn't like we haven't seen this before with, oh, Superman? I guess time will tell. But, here's to that red, white, and blue icon. Farewell old friend.

Here are a couple of links on Captain America's death:
Fox News: Captain America Killed Off in Latest Comic
CNN: Shocking event for Captain America

No comments: