Sunday, April 22, 2007

Thunder Over Louisville

Last night was Thunder Over Louisville. This is one of the 70 events that make up part of the Derby Festival. These are the two weeks leading up to the Kentucky Derby. These are two of the funnest weeks for families in this city. One of the funnest and most spectacular is Thunder. It is an all day affair with the daytime consisting of tons of aerial shows featuring F-14s to Stealth Bomber to stunt planes. It is quite a site.

At night is the best part though. I used to work at Disney World and I thought they had the best fireworks show anywhere. On New Year's and the Fourth of July, I thought they were untouchable. That was, until I met my wife and she took me to Thunder. The fireworks show is without a doubt the absolute best fireworks show in America. If you ever have the chance, you MUST see it.

Unfortunately, wouldn't you know, this is the first year we didn't go. We have four kids and one isn't a year old, so, we decided not to battle the heat and crowds this year. And, wouldn't you know, I don't have any pictures from last year. Anyway, you can get a peak of it at thunderoverlouisville.org.

No comments: